Indo – US Bilateral symposium on Nanotechnology & Regulatory Science
21-22 February 2018
ROAD TO BIOASIA 2018
The global advances in Nanotechnology research in the past two decades with increasing investments from government agencies initially, and later through industry sponsorship, is resulting in a gradual increase in medical and consumer products for regulatory consideration and approval. Specifically, the extensive academic research in the United States and India related to Nanotechnology lead to many complex products containing nanomaterials that require regulatory attention for assuring their quality, safety and efficacy, while maintaining cutting edge science for human benefit. While collaborations in the fields of science and technology existed between these two countries, there is limited interaction in regulatory science relevant to Nano and emerging technologies. This symposium intends to bring counterparts from regulatory agencies in India and US, along with major medical institutes, research centres and industry to highlight the progress made thus so for and future collaborations in the field of nanotechnology & regulatory science. Key areas that are covered in the symposium include drugs, devices, consumer products and clinical trials with panel discussions to learn from each other’s experience on these topics with stakeholder interaction to advance regulatory science.
- State of Nanotechnology Regulatory Science and Regulations.
- Nanotechnology Advances in Clinical Trials and Beyond.
- Nanotechnology in Drug and Device Development.
- Nanomaterial in Products: State of Science, Safety & Regulations.
- US- Food and Drug Administration, USA
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organization, New Delhi
- MD Anderson Cancer Centre, USA.
- CSIR, DST, DBT, AIIMS, Reputed Universities and institutions working on development of Nanomaterial Products
Dr. S. Chandrasekhar
FNASc, FNA Director, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology Hyderabad-500007, India
Dr. Sunil Krishna
MD, FACP Director, Centre for Radiation Oncology Research MD Anderson Cancer Centre, USA.